Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Forum Sorcerer

Re: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Now Flynn is found taking payment from RT TV-Russia ("I was paid by my speakers' bureau, not RT TV-Russia." righto!), the state-run broadcaster

Which equates to a former general getting $34,000 from the Russian government; i.e., against military regulations and probable emoluments issue (like all in this administration, we'll find, I bet).

Speech happened in December 2015. Got another $22,000 or so from two private Russian companies.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/16/politi...-tv/index.html

Elder Arcanist

Re: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

FBI director Comey and NSA director Rogers are testifying about Russian interference in our election in front of an open session of the House Select Intelligence Committee this morning. https://www.c-span.org/video/?425087...ampaign-russia

I haven't heard any bombshells in the parts of the testimony I've caught so far. The Republicans keenest concern seems to be how Flynn's name was unmasked and/or leaked -- what a bunch of fucking clowns.

Elder Arcanist

Is this the official beginning of the end for Trump?

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Regardless of outcome, Democracy and the respect for the office of the President has been dealt a probably mortal blow.
    Which some folk wanted to happen.
    Win-win situation for the shitbags who put Trump on the Throne

Oni
    Blog Entries

They're still trying to put pressure on this guy to shoot down the mounting piles of investigative reporting...

He's doing good - flatly refusing to do so.

"Don't yell at S-D for using words you're not completely sure of, it embarrasses you. He's right anyway." - Alikat

Check the
    Track Record
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dramadon View Post
    Is this the official beginning of the end for Trump?
    Unlikely.

Short of literally a taped phone conversation between Trump and Putin, you're not going to get a Republican House and Senate to impeach a Republican president. It just is not going to happen. Besides, de we really want President Ryan appointing his crossfit trainer as his vice president?

Elder Arcanist

https://www.c-span.org/video/?425087...ia&start=15542

(Not sure if the time anchoring is working. 4:19:04)

Rep Himes asks Comey and Rogers about Trump's characterization of their testimony that he made over Twitter during the hearing.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Grindel View Post
    Unlikely.

Short of literally a taped phone conversation between Trump and Putin, you're not going to get a Republican House and Senate to impeach a Republican president. It just is not going to happen. Besides, de we really want President Ryan appointing his crossfit trainer as his vice president?
    Well, nothing will happen before midterms. Democrats will continue this to basically bog down any legislation for two years then see if they can make any gains in the legislature. If they do they go for it, if they don't they continue to bog down his Presidency with this stuff. Executive orders sting, but they are easily fixable (unless it results in a pipeline going through native american burial sites) but legislation is much tougher to fix.

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Unlikely.

See, letting Nixon off WAS a catastrophic mistake, as they've all known, ever since, that they'll be protected by the rest in an eternal circle jerk

STUPID IS CONTAGIOUS

Unlikely.

I think it will happen, I feel it...like you can feel someone watching you, when the moment happens

There will be this rapid shift in the senate then the house towards America first not party first.... but it won't save

The GOP in the 2018 midterms as it will be clear to every toothless Gomer hillbilly that trump consorted with the enemy

In an attack on our shores of democracy as real as if he had done it with gun but with computers.

This is the most important war since WW I, Hillary Clinton cast in the role of the archduke, when the dominoes

Begin to fall, the generational fall out will become apparent only with the hindsight of at least a decade after.

It will be monumental and the political casualties will be high but I also think that there may be riots.( I hope not, of course)
    do you promise to tell the whole truth and Nothing but the truth, so help you GOD?

TRUMP: NO...

Elder Arcanist

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.6c8db8c40f26

The ties just keep getting deeper and deeper...

A Ukrainian lawmaker released new financial documents Tuesday allegedly showing that a former campaign chairman for President Trump laundered payments from the party of a disgraced ex-leader of Ukraine using offshore accounts in Belize and Kyrgyzstan.

The new documents, if legitimate, stem from business ties between the Trump aide, Paul Manafort, and the party of former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych, who enjoyed Moscow’s backing while he was in power.
    Manafort, who worked for Yanukovych’s Party of Regions for nearly a decade, resigned from Trump’s campaign in August after his name surfaced in connection with secret payments totaling $12.7 million by Yanukovych’s party. Manafort has denied receiving those, listed in the party’s “black ledger.”

Serhiy Leshchenko, a lawmaker and journalist, released a copy of an invoice on letterhead from Manafort’s consulting company, based in Alexandria, Va., dated Oct. 14, 2009, to a Belize-based company for $750,000 for the sale of 501 computers.

On the same day, Manafort’s name is listed next to a $750,000 entry in the “black ledger,” which was considered a party slush fund. The list was found at the party headquarters in the turmoil after Ukraine’s 2014 revolution. The ledger entries about Manafort were released by the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine, a government law enforcement agency, last August.

Leshchenko alleges that Manafort falsified an invoice to the Belize company to legitimize the $750,000 payment to himself.
    Manafort was involved in crafting the political strategy that brought Yanukovych to power after a crushing defeat in the 2004 elections. Yanukovych’s party has been accused of ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, particularly through wealthy oligarchs from the country’s east with interests in both Russia and Ukraine.
    OK... so a person with ties to the Ukraine/Russia, going back to 2005 or so, who helped get the Ukrainian president elected... was Trump's campaign manager for a good share of 2016, during which all the alleged Russia ties keep surfacing... then in a press conference Monday(?) Sean Spicer says that Manafort had only a minor role in Trump's campaign? Is Trump trying to distance himself from Manafort? Is it too late? Is there *anybody* in the Trump campaign that *wasn't* involved with Russia?

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Runan View Post
    It will be monumental and the political casualties will be high but I also think that there may be riots.( I hope not, of course)
    Oh, I'm sure there will be riots. All the "Bubbas" out there that blindly support Trump, no matter what, are very vocal and very passionate about that support. And they are most likely armed.

Mangina at large.

It's worth noting that Ukraine has a massive axe to grind with Russia. The U.S. should double and triple check anything sent from them that would do damage to someone perceived to be Russia's ally.

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    It's worth noting that Ukraine has a massive axe to grind with Russia. The U.S. should double and triple check anything sent from them that would do damage to someone perceived to be Russia's ally.
    Lol exactly!
    But in the end as I've warned, it doesn't matter, King Trump or not, Democracy its very self has been stabbed to the heart in the West
    Who does that really benefit?
    Putin short time, but no the real enemy is the one it has always been: the rich and powerful who play games with our lives, and who DEMAND and end to democracy and the rule of law

Think about it, folks

Elder Arcanist

OK, my head is spinning now...

Nunes had a press conference about the whole Russia investigation thing.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investig...llance-n737201

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes told reporters Wednesday he has seen reports from the U.S. intelligence community that showed communication from members of President Trump's transition team — and possibly from the president himself — were incidentally collected as part of a broader surveillance effort.

The collections were not related to investigations into Russia and its alleged connections to the Trump campaign.
    Nunes also said he was going to the White House tin the afternoon to brief President Trump, a planned visit which White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer confirmed.
    OK, first of all, he got information about an ongoing intelligence investigation, so he goes to one of the people caught up in that investigation (Trump) to brief him about the investigation? Couldn't that potentially be obstruction of justice? Depending on what is in the information obtained, of course.

Second of all... who were the intelligence agencies surveilling when they "incidentally" caught Trump's transition people, if not the Russians?

Third... wasn't Nunes part of Trump's transition team? If so, doesn't that mean he could have potentially been caught up in this same "incidental" surveillance? Should he recuse himself from the hearings he was conducting earlier this week?

I'm getting really confused as to what the hell is going on here. I'm gonna need a yarn wall... with a lot of yarn!

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran View Post
    I'm getting really confused as to what the hell is going on here. I'm gonna need a yarn wall... with a lot of yarn!
    pepe_trump.jpg

99% Bacon Free
    Blog Entries

The political explosion on the Senate Intelligence Committee is huge now with Nunes running to Trump. Schiff is screaming for an independent commission with that action... and rightly so.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Merkus View Post
    The political explosion on the Senate Intelligence Committee is huge now with Nunes running to Trump.
    I admit I am not a lawyer... but couldn't that be considered Obstruction?

STUPID IS CONTAGIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran View Post
    I admit I am not a lawyer... but couldn't that be considered Obstruction?

Not until a grand jury or a commission is set up to hear testimony on the criminality.

Under perjury sanctions, it would be witness tampering, which is obstruction, but not

Yet, omg my head is going to explode.

The reason this is going so slow, is that once trump people are indicted trump will pardon them, and fire others, investigating such as the 46 fired already under the cover its all perfectly normal, etc so they want
    To get all the evidence and release it so the evidence is so,overwhelming that trump will be impeached then the trial
    In the senate will be a slam dunk, and there will be a trial, Trump won't resign, and

I even envision him locked in the residence in the bathroom...tweeting

We are headed to a year with 3 presidents, as there is no way pence will survive politically either, so I think
    It entirely possible it will be Trump, pence, Ryan. Ryan will be the highest legitimately elected official,

Watch for high level resignations soon, Sean spicer will be one of them as I can't even see a career for him except
    On a speaking/book tour not unlike Ollie north.
    Last edited by Runan; Yesterday at 07:05 PM.
    do you promise to tell the whole truth and Nothing but the truth, so help you GOD?

STUPID IS CONTAGIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Deabn View Post

That is just hysterical and........ true