Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Elder Arcanist

Re: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Mr. Spicer said. “The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations.”
    The day after firing Mr. Comey, Mr. Trump hosted Russia’s foreign minister, Sergey V. Lavrov, in the Oval Office, along with the Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey I. Kislyak. The meeting ignited controversy this week when it was revealed that Mr. Trump had disclosed intelligence from an Israeli counterterrorism operation.
    Ummm... hey, Sean... we know!

Tasty Danish

Re: Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn resigns over contacts with Russia

Russia probe reaches current White House official.
    Poor White House staff. They're inside the Air Force One right now, with no means of escape.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Elder Arcanist

Evidently, the London bookmakers have the odds of Trump being impeached at 1:1.

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin
    Poor White House staff. They're inside the Air Force One right now, with no means of escape.
    What colour is the decor in Air Force One? They could attempt the Comey Maneuver:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b094cdba52b95d

All hat & no cattle

Quote Originally Posted by Khieran View Post
    We have got to be the laughing stock of pretty much all of the rest of the world by now...
    Yea, it might have been really funny for us watching it from the outside, if it wasn't for the profound effects it has on our countries and lives too.

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Finkelstein View Post
    Yea, it might have been really funny for us watching it from the outside, if it wasn't for the profound effects it has on our countries and lives too.
    This. It's more of a "This is pretty scary, when does it end, and can we fix important stuff that has been un-done" more than laughing.

You ARE still the guys with the bomb. The last part of this classic is extremely Trump-fitting, in an entirely non-ironic way:

Pretty much spot on. And it's from 1993.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Mangina at large.

At least Trump has done one thing: make journalism great again. After both the New York Times and Washington Post dropped bombshells minutes after Air Force One took off, they tweeted this:

DANkqbLUQAQX08l.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dramadon View Post
    Evidently, the London bookmakers have the odds of Trump being impeached at 1:1.
    I do not know if I should laugh or cry that bookies are betting on legal action against the president of the US.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    I do not know if I should laugh or cry that bookies are betting on legal action against the president of the US.
    Don't get too bent out of shape, those folks literally bet on anything and run odds on it.

Buckeye Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    At least Trump has done one thing: make journalism great again. After both the New York Times and Washington Post dropped bombshells minutes after Air Force One took off, they tweeted this:

DANkqbLUQAQX08l.jpg
    That's awesome.

My wife and I were just talking about that this evening. Print journalism is being resurrected by Trump.
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

I kind of think big institution journalism in general is starting to spin back up. I enjoy watching reporters hammer spicer for facts, Sure they get spin or nothing at all but fucks sake they should have been hammering like this on both parties all during the election season.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    I kind of think big institution journalism in general is starting to spin back up. I enjoy watching reporters hammer spicer for facts, Sure they get spin or nothing at all but fucks sake they should have been hammering like this on both parties all during the election season.
    Like Comey, legitimate journalism realizes how bad they fucked up. It probably didn't hurt that the current administration has called them fake news and terrible people while embracing far right wing nationalist propaganda sources. They no longer feel the pull of playing nice for access since Trump has pretty much pulled that from them already. Just another in a long line of dumb things Trump has done. He burned all his leverage with them.

That and I think journalists really do feel they are the heart of the resistance. It is fighting a revolution without bullets and is what separates us from 3rd world despot countries.