Thread: Spaces and Replying

Elder Arcanist

Spaces and Replying

Not sure anyone else experiences this, but when I reply with quote to a post I am unable to insert spaces unless I go to advanced. I would have wrote it off if it only happened at work, but it also happens on my home computer as well. It obviously isn't a forum-wide issue, so I was wondering if anyone has an idea what causes this.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Mangina at large.

Re: Spaces and Replying

Spaces

Spaces2

Quote Originally Posted by Bonlainy View Post
    Not sure anyone else experiences this, but when I reply with quote to a post I am unable to insert spaces unless I go to advanced.

I would have wrote it off if it only happened at work, but it also happens on my home computer as well.

It obviously isn't a forum-wide issue, so I was wondering if anyone has an idea what causes this.
    Ok, I just typed up the above using "Reply With Quote". Let's see what it looks like, and edit in the question.

EDITED QUESTION: I'm seeing spaces before and inside the quotes. Where are you unable to insert spaces?

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    Spaces

Spaces2

Ok, I just typed up the above using "Reply With Quote". Let's see what it looks like, and edit in the question.

EDITED QUESTION: I'm seeing spaces before and inside the quotes. Where are you unable to insert spaces?
    In whatever text I am typing, I don't usually do any typing in the quoted part. Like just now, when I hit replied with quote I was unable to put in a space until I went to advanced. This only started maybe a couple of months ago.
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

This sounds like a problem with your browser or an extension on your browser (like umatrix, or ublock).

Can you try it in a browser safe mode (no extensions)?

If it still doesn't work, can I get the Operating System, Browser Version, and Forum Style?
    "Complaining is the modern metagame" - BNet forums

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar View Post
    This sounds like a problem with your browser or an extension on your browser (like umatrix, or ublock).

If it still doesn't work, can I get the Operating System, Browser Version, and Forum Style?
    Will do. Thanks.

Elder Arcanist

And this is a test. I'm in safe mode in Chrome and am able to insert spaces without going to advanced.

Elder Arcanist

I tried to reply with quote in the General section and again could not insert a space, had to go to advanced. I was in safe mode.

Using Windows 10, version 1607, Chrome version 55.0.2883.87 m, forum skin is SimpleBlack and message editor interface is enhanced.
    Last edited by Bonlainy; January 17th, 2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Add missing information

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

I tried to reply with quote in the General section and again could not insert a space, had to go to advanced. I was in safe mode.

Using Windows 10, version 1607, Chrome version 55.0.2883.87 m, forum skin is SimpleBlack and message editor interface is enhanced.
    Can you try to hit Enter before doing any other edits/spaces?

I found a bug report for this, vBulletin says "buy our new product." Which to me just means "abandon this piece of garbage for XenForo"

Hitting "Enter" is listed by some users as a way to temporarily fix the issue.

Elder Arcanist

Can you try to hit Enter before doing any other edits/spaces?

I found a bug report for this, vBulletin says "buy our new product." Which to me just means "abandon this piece of garbage for XenForo"

Hitting "Enter" is listed by some users as a way to temporarily fix the issue.
    Yep, hitting enter, then backspacing and typing allows me to enter spaces. Is it certain extensions that might cause this?

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yep, hitting enter, then backspacing and typing allows me to enter spaces. Is it certain extensions that might cause this?
    According to the report it has to do with latency accessing the Google javascript API's, which they need to fix the editor to correct, but the developers refuse to fix things for 4.0 since they're on 5.0 now.

Trying to figure out how many people this is impacting.

Elder Arcanist

Thanks for finding that, Nadiar, much appreciated.