Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black Desert

Elder Arcanist

Re: Black Desert

Many players are wondering where to go now that BDO is being archeaged...

Black Desert Online players protest 'pay-to-win' changes with in-game picket signs

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

How is that not a really good thing?

Is there a finite amount of silver in the game?
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Merrick ap'Milandra View Post
    How is that not a really good thing?

Is there a finite amount of silver in the game?
    Well, they're timing it to coincide with the Black Market vendor. The black market vendor sells every item in the game, including high-end gear, for silver.
    So once you have sold the RL-cash-only items, you can stand at a vendor and purchase the items that you want.
    There's a certain randomness to the items - but with enough silver, you'll end up with the gear that you desire.

Hence why people are calling it pay-to-win.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Forum Arcanist

That article isnt exactly accurate, this change is not implemented, they just posted the notice in advance. Anyways, people in this game blow everything out of proportion. Take the value packs they added a couple weeks ago, people blew up on that too because it reduced the amount of tax you pay on stuff you sell if you own a value pack, people lost their shit, uproar, etc. Now guess what, everyone doesn't care and people are liking that they have more silver in their pockets. Being able to sell shop items for silver might become completely irrelevant, it all depends on what the items are allowed to sell for and they haven't even said. BDO has a market that has set pricing, you cant just buy all of 1 item and re-sell it for 5 times the price. So if the shop items dont sell for much anyhow, lets say a few million that changes nothing for anyone. You need hundreds of millions in this game, if not billions to get anywhere. Take this new night vendor( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...34o/edit#gid=0 ) , to get one of the best weapons from him you need at minimum 100 million, most likely 200 million. Hey great, you now have the best weapon in the game... it's still useless, it needs upgrading which will cost you hundreds of millions more. IMO, if they level the playing field a little between casual players and the top tier players who have no jobs and just play all day, big deal.

Forum Arcanist

This went live today, like I said in my previous post prices for these items would dictate if this was a problem or not. On the market they are 20mil and under and there is a limit of 5 items max per week. 20 million is not much in this game and that 20 mil item will cost you in RL $30. 5 items a week would cost you $150 in RL and if all 5 items sold for 20 mil then you make 100 mil, not worth it and really not a problem in game. I think people thought they would sell for around 100 mil, but they arent even close.

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
    I think people thought they would sell for around 100 mil, but they arent even close.
    Yep. People (myself included) thought that the prices would approach the 88 mil seen on the screenshots of the KR version.
    Glad to see that it's not the case - and I personally way overreacted about the P2W aspect.

I jumped in this weekend and levelled up to 50. It's a fun game and I loved the graphics and the combat feel. I played a Warrior thingy. Still not really sure howthe game worksbut I had fun poking around. i'm gonna go back and run the main quest before I level to 56. Does anyone still play

Tasty Danish

I gave up on it a while ago - very very very grindy. Being a melee sucked on the "world boss" type mobs.
    Still love the graphics and the world - might give it a whirl to get my sorceress her scythe. Such a cool weapon.