Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Thread: Legion

Tasty Danish

Re: Legion

Five legendaries now, zero DPS-specific ones. I've been using Ret spec for the last three of them - got the tank ring as the second legendary, then switched to Ret.
    I'm not a fan of this system. I'd rather not have it, to be honest.

Running with Sephuz/Prydaz - Prydaz is absolutely amazing for any looking for X content, where you don't know your healers priorities.

If all of the legendaries were of the Prydaz kind, the system would be fine.
    Last edited by Dawlin; February 21st, 2017 at 04:11 PM.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Mangina at large.

How much of a swing in DPS is having a DPS legendary versus having a solid epic from current content in the slot?

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    How much of a swing in DPS is having a DPS legendary versus having a solid epic from current content in the slot?
    Depending on the class and the respective legendary, it can be at least as much as 10%.

I remember reading posts on Reddit and mmo-champ about "bads" getting legendaries and jumping from bottom-brushing DPS to chart leaders, but those were probably more "holy crap they got the legendary I wanted wah" posts mixed with number envy, so take that with as much salt as you will.

Mangina at large.

That seems like a stupidly high number for a game that has worked really hard at getting the different DPS specs as close as possible. I looked at the theoretical spec numbers at Noxxic and Wowbis, and it looks like 20% spreads from worst to best at a particular type of fight, with the rankings roughly flipping when one goes from single target to cleave. So the total raid parses must be very, very close these days, yes?

Tasty Danish

They are indeed very close, and that is awesome. I play a ret paladin, and even though they're not in the top, I know that it's my own skill and not a number somewhere that's holding me back.

That being said: My guildmate plays an unholy DK - he's never ever had another main, literally. He started playing WoW when WOTLK came out, chose an unholy DK and never looked back.
    He's had the SAME rotten legendary luck as me.

After he hit 54 traits in unholy (no small feat, since he never spams M+ or raids), he started levelling his paladin alt.
    The alt is just used for jewelcrafting and WQs to supply those. His paladin has two legendaries: The cloak and the belt.

In case you're wondering, that's pretty much the best combo you can have. Ret is still very much a "AARArrAGGAGgAaAAAAAA DURING WINGS!!!!!!, 'Meh' otherwise"-spec, so those 10% extra during wings is crazy.

Now - his unholy DK has a VASTLY better ilevel, and 54 traits to boot, which amounts to 10% more passive damage than his 30something-traited ret. But he could quite possibly benefit from playing that character, JUST because he has those legendaries.
    And that system is wrong.
    Last edited by Dawlin; February 22nd, 2017 at 08:56 AM.

I have again been absent from the WoW world... Harsh lack of playtime kinda makes it not worth it.

So is the environment now for the mythics that people must have these legendaries?
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Delmarva 85 Troll Enhancement Shaman Alternate Eclipse

Never Forget those who gave it all ten years ago.

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    I have again been absent from the WoW world... Harsh lack of playtime kinda makes it not worth it.

So is the environment now for the mythics that people must have these legendaries?
    Some jerks "require" bis legendaries, but I never have issues getting groups with less-than-optimal leggos.
    Ignore jerks, play with the nice people. Lots of those still around, fortunately

Kinky Euro

I got trolled in a new way yesterday.

Did world boss on five chars, got one piece of loot (bonus rolls on all), but that's not all.

During one fight everyone suddenly dropped group. People kept fighting and got creamed. Well ok, ran back, ressed, attacked boss again... and got phased back to my original realm where boss was not fighting but just standing there waiting for me to phase in.

The gy is very close to the boss though so I have that going for me.

Mangina at large.

$350 (well, $347 - stupid $0.01 blocking me from capping) cap achieved. Sold just under 200 pets in the end, most of them being 2000 gold "50 s vendor pet that's level 25" pets. Time to slowly wind everything down!

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    $350 (well, $347 - stupid $0.01 blocking me from capping) cap achieved. Sold just under 200 pets in the end, most of them being 2000 gold "50 s vendor pet that's level 25" pets. Time to slowly wind everything down!
    Wow nice! What are you going to use it on? Next game?