Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647

Thread: Legion

Tasty Danish

Re: Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Mordlu View Post
    MY gear level is 895, never touched a mythic anything. Doubt I will until they put it in the LFG tool.
    They won't.

My M+ PUG groups/waiting times improved immensely after I installed Premade Groups Filter, and pieced together a couple of search strings.

First one is for my DPS chars:
    Code:
    mythicplus and 
    (heals >=1 or tanks>=1) and
    dps < 3 and 
    not name:find("selling") and 
    not name:find("wts") and 
    not name:find("depleted") and 
    not comment:find("depleted") and 
    not name:find("boost") and 
    not comment:find("boost")
    It shows me all M+ groups with a healer OR a tank, and less than three DPS. And it removes the boosting/selling/depleted crowd.

Second one is for my tank:
    Code:
    mythicplus and 
    heals >=1 and
    dps == 3 and 
    not name:find("selling") and 
    not name:find("wts") and 
    not name:find("depleted") and 
    not comment:find("depleted") and 
    not name:find("boost") and 
    not comment:find("boost")
    This one shows me all M+ groups that consists of a healer and three DPS. Pretty straightforward

If you change "mythicplus" to "mythic", it only shows non-M+ Mythics. Very handy as well for WQs/AP grind and whatnot.

I highly recommend the addon.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Forum Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Mordlu View Post
    MY gear level is 895, never touched a mythic anything. Doubt I will until they put it in the LFG tool.
    Only 885 here but otherwise I share your sentiment. Timed runs are the thing I most detest about all of WoW. I quit tanking for a few years after Cataclysm when instance runs became almost entirely "faster faster spam spam spam" with little to no thinking or care taken. I'm only tanking again in Legion because of how faceroll easy it is as a bear. Still no interest in timed runs and being yelled at for not going full speed.

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

The new Armory is live.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...e-page-is-here

I think it sucks. It's slow, it looks like shit, and it spreads crap out more than a dachshund with diarrhea.

Mangina at large.

I'm looking at my Armory now. Thoughts:

-yeah, front page is dark and ugly, and the info is spread all over the place. But there is some good info that seems new, like seeing enchants on gear without clicking on the gear. That's new, yes? It's not running slow for me, 1:30 pm PST. One thing missing: the timeline of recent progress.
    -Achievements have some new info (like progress info), but other stuff is missing (how many achievements make up chains you've completed). I think it's funny that the system actually shows personal progress on account-level achievements. Example: I can see that D has completed 9275 daily quests when I look at the 10 K dailies achievement (which I got account-level ages ago). I don't think you can see that info in-game without going through the Stats area, if that's still possible. It's stupid that they show percent completion of the big sections at a glance, but not the subsections (which is what you need to know - where the missing achievements are).
    -Good that they added pet stats to your pets, but the page is very spread out and there's no "where is this from" info, which would have been easy to add. Only pets and mounts - no toys, no appearances? WTF?
    -Raid progression seems good for people who give a shit about that. There's some info there that couldn't be pried out of your achievements, like normal vs. heroic/mythic and number of kills on each boss. Figures they'd spend extra time on this.
    -My characters didn't do enough PvP to really assess that panel, but it looks like it'd be pretty informative. It also doesn't suffer from being spread out like some of the other displays.
    -The rep panel is good. One bug spotted - under "Classic" my character is showing 0/0 Hated with Alliance because they took the Alliance rep out of the game ages ago.
    -They didn't update the guild display yet? WTF?

Very mixed bag. Some good stuff, some bad stuff, a fair amount of missing stuff. I'm surprised it was released like this, since it does not feel polished at all.

Elder Arcanist

I randomly went to add points to disc today and noticed that I have all 3 hidden artifacts now. I had only collected holy originally. I don't stay up on patch notes, but for anyone that missed that too it's pretty cool.

edit: talking to a few people - sounds like a bug.
    Last edited by Ronin; May 14th, 2017 at 03:15 PM.

Tasty Danish

"Hey, we heard that you like grinding, so we extended the grind for all of your characters!":

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard being Blizzard
    The Artifact Knowledge cap was raised from 40 to 50 late in Patch 7.2's development as part of a desire to increase overall AP gains. However, after 7.2 launched, we realised it would be better to increase base Artifact Power gains instead of relying on Artifact Knowledge (which takes time for players to research and can make gains earned in the interim not feel as meaningful).

Since 7.2 we have deployed several hotfixes that have increase AP gains in certain areas, one such example is the Elite Strike missions available while the Command Center is active. Now that these changes are live, the acquisition of AP is faster overall, so we felt that 40 is now an appropriate cap for AK and isn't as daunting a prospect to reach.

We also wanted players to have a solid stopping point for AK research, at which point they will have more freedom to focus on their alts.

To that end, the item Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VII is being changed to grant Artifact Knowledge level 40 instead of level 35. As before, it will be purchasable in the Order Hall by characters who have reached AK 40. This means that players will be able to immediately catch-up to the AK cap on alts once they have access to this book, which should make the process of getting to Concordance on alts less daunting too.
    Gee, so all of my characters will stop at a 4 million percent multiplier, instead of a 55.2 million percent multiplier. But, hey, they'll ALL be able to get the 4 million multiplier AS SOON AS YOUR MAIN HAS IT, MAKING ¤"#%#¤%#¤%#¤% ARTIFACT KNOWLEDGE ACCOUNTWIDE AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FROM THE START!

I don't get these people. I really don't.

Mangina at large.

No, I think you do get them, but wish you didn't.

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    No, I think you do get them, but wish you didn't.
    Argh. What a perfect twist of "You think you do, but you don't". That blunder was also epic.

And, yes, I do get them. AK50 would have reduced getting concordance to a 1-day affair, which was perfectly fine by me. It's going to be the balancing standard anyway, why not let people get it immediately upon hitting 110.

Don't get me wrong: I loved the idea of the artifact on my main - it was the delay on alts and off-specs which made it a pain in the ass. I even liked the new stuff they added in 7.2, gave you a nice milestone to shoot for.

But since max Concordance is out of reach (even with AK50 it would have been out of reach for anyone but a very select few mad people), the focus has to be elsewhere. A 0.1% damage increase that will take me a month to get is nothing that excites me.
    Last edited by Dawlin; May 23rd, 2017 at 10:51 AM.