Thread: A question for iPad users - iPad2 Music defaults to Radio

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

A question for iPad users - iPad2 Music defaults to Radio

My job gave me an old iPad2 in case we have to facetime for work reasons across disparate sites.

Ostensibly.

Noone uses it for that purpose.

So we basically have free iPads that are contigent on our employment.

Yay! Fantastic device, really.

I bought a bluetooth keyboard for it (that stopped working suddenly, but I haven't bothered to troubleshoot it, it's probably an ios update, but not important)

My *ONLY* complaint about this thing is that, even if I leave the iPad Music program launched (the one down in the bar (messages, mail, safari, music)) and it was last focused on artists or album, it ALWAYS REVERTS STRAIGHT TO "RADIO".

Don't get me wrong, I like the option of radio, but is there ANY way to make it, WHILE STILL OPEN IF I DOUBLE TAP THE HOME BUTTON to just launch and STAY on the same selection I had made, instead of launching it and then pausing briefly (a second or two) and loading the "radio" tab?

I tried searching, but I don't know the lingo as well as I know windows wording.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

hella Star-Demon :3

Re: A question for iPad users - iPad2 Music defaults to Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Merrick ap'Milandra View Post
    My job gave me an old iPad2 in case we have to facetime for work reasons across disparate sites.

Ostensibly.

Noone uses it for that purpose.

So we basically have free iPads that are contigent on our employment.

Yay! Fantastic device, really.

I bought a bluetooth keyboard for it (that stopped working suddenly, but I haven't bothered to troubleshoot it, it's probably an ios update, but not important)

My *ONLY* complaint about this thing is that, even if I leave the iPad Music program launched (the one down in the bar (messages, mail, safari, music)) and it was last focused on artists or album, it ALWAYS REVERTS STRAIGHT TO "RADIO".

Don't get me wrong, I like the option of radio, but is there ANY way to make it, WHILE STILL OPEN IF I DOUBLE TAP THE HOME BUTTON to just launch and STAY on the same selection I had made, instead of launching it and then pausing briefly (a second or two) and loading the "radio" tab?

I tried searching, but I don't know the lingo as well as I know windows wording.
    There's no way to fix this. Trust me this super pisses me off on another app, the clock one. I use it a lot while cooking [1] and instead of returning to the previously used tab as one would expect in any context it instead returns to the time tab which requires a context switch each time. It's stuff like this that gnaws away at my psyche and drives me mad. If it were open source it would be a simple patch or fork but instead it is unfixable. There are a slew of minor bugs and inconsistencies elsewhere between iOS and OS X [2] that drive me mad but I can get no buy in on fixing them. Anyways, it is tough titties on this front until someone decides to give a fuck.

[1] My pork sausage patty recipe requires very precise timing between flips and temperature changes to come out like I want so it is clutch here for instance. I had to reverse engineer it watching someone make it otherwise it would have been lost to time, instead it is archived for all-time thanks to my autistic archiving of all our family recipes collected over the ages. It would have been an insane pain in the ass if I was not competent at programming already.

[2] Specifically the mdutil family is not optimal at minimum and it routinely forgets manually began indices. Finder's copying algorithm is fubared for very large file transfers despite OS X shipping with rsync which correctly solves this problem trivially for the past decades. Time Machine is fubared in that it can result in corrupted archives that go unaudited. Automator and Apple Events remains largely untouched despite being the most compelling reason to use OS X and being best in class anywhere, other efforts on other OS's have been abandoned unfortunately. iOS and OS X's security model is not uniform despite iOS having a much better implementation. HFS+ is completely fucked as a filesystem in modern contexts. Dtrace has remained untouched since its implementation in OS X and is subject to bit rot.

Safari's archival system is not open sourced and not homogeneous for no compelling reason. iOS needs a unified task management/notes/appointment system, there is tremendous overlap between Notes, Calendar, Mail, and Reminders that has extensive obvious points to merge functionality rather than maintain separate implementations.

Spotlight behaves significantly different between OS X and iOS, granted these differences are not obvious and difficult to track but have resulted in having to manually track information at various points in time, however in the tractable column we can formally verify the implementations are exact which is the correct way to solve this and should be the workflow in every project in modern development, see the prevalent innumeracy amongst developers for why this is difficult to achieve though.

It's so goddamn useful though that everyone should be hustling to become competent in this area and is extremely worth the time investment for young programmers in particular.
    Last edited by MI Redeux; June 12th, 2015 at 12:54 AM.

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Re: A question for iPad users - iPad2 Music defaults to Radio

Well, that's not what I wanted to hear, but I'm not ENTIRELY surprised.

Thanks for the info.

As a consolation prize, can I have that pork sausage patty recipe?
    I'm assuming if it requires delicate temperature control that it's gas burner only, but I have a portable propane one and will be camping some this fall.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.