Thread: If programming languages were weapons

Elder Arcanist

If programming languages were weapons

hella Star-Demon :3

Re: If programming languages were weapons

Version of Lisp is accurate for its communities. Scala's descript is nonsensical though. It's orders of magnitudes easier to use than anything else on the list; anyone who likes Java should be using Scala instead if for no other reason than their are far fewer gotchas and code is more compact and reliable. It is much more uniform and does not require any new semantics in old code bases, so even fresh off the boat devs can utilize it. The tooling is pretty good.

No one can master c++ and its code is nonsensical, regrettably I end up using it a lot as other devs hate being able to produce reliable software; C++ 11, 14, and 17 are making great strides to unfuck things though along with huge strides in tooling reuse. Rust is very usable already, tooling needs improvement though. C is more like a geiger counter triggered dirty bomb: 99.95% of the time it works, the other .05% of the time the clang or gcc devs stab you in the back when optimization flags are set; CompCert is excellent if anyone actually paid for the licensing; it's possible to predict how it will compile the code for the expert C programmer which is how things once were before compiler devs started jacking themselves off with the userbase's blood and wearing their organs as jewelry. Community reaction is then to blame you for bleeding out as only newbs still have blood. Go rules though if for no other reason than its tooling, super recomend reading the code for its tools as it is beautiful, gofmt in particular is a reference example of excellent software engineering.

#YesAllCats
    Blog Entries

hella Star-Demon :3

Quote Originally Posted by Goladus View Post
    RZA [1] and I can't not keep it 100. Also, RZA codes in Shen before it was cool, which is through this point in time.
    Last edited by MI Redeux; May 16th, 2015 at 03:25 AM.

Cuddly Fuzzy Postdoc

I clicked expecting a Haskell joke. I was disappoint.
    "Mathematicians stand on each other's shoulders while computer scientists stand on each other's toes." -- Richard Hamming