Thread: Samsung, others, follow the Apple Trend

Samsung, others, follow the Apple Trend

I'll find and post the article later,

But apparantly the Galaxy s6 as well as several additional samsung devices will have non-removable batteries.

While the Android geeks who hate Apple products for this reason were initially vowing to switch to a new developing manufactuer, the ironic twist tot he tale is that several of the other manufacturers are following suit.

Kyocera's new Dura line are completely sealed, as well as the newest line of LG devices.

This does provide the product a completely sealed system making them better function against water, dust, rain, humidity, etc. It also provides a more efficient battery to be placed in, allowing most manufacturers to bump up from the 1800mah max battery to almost all carrying a 3100mah or larger (in some cases) battery.

Elder Arcanist

Re: Samsung, others, follow the Apple Trend

Yep. Main reason I'm not upgrading my S5. The second battery is a life saver. Oh, and water proofing has nothing to do with it, the s5 is already waterproof, with a changeable battery.

Elder Arcanist

Samsung also has the spy...er I meant smart tv's.
    Virtually all U.S. senators, and most of the representatives in the House, are members of the top 1 percent when they arrive, are kept in office by money from the top 1 percent, and know that if they serve the top 1 percent well they will be rewarded by the top 1 percent when they leave office

Quote Originally Posted by Ialnyien View Post
    Yep. Main reason I'm not upgrading my S5. The second battery is a life saver. Oh, and water proofing has nothing to do with it, the s5 is already waterproof, with a changeable battery.
    The gaskets surrounding the batteries take up too much room compared to a completely sealed system.

Sealed system, they can increase battery size to allow 1000+mAh and deeper water proofing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitebe View Post
    Samsung also has the spy...er I meant smart tv's.
    And Apple is wondering why they did not think of iTV err eyeTV err SpyTV first.

Honestly TVs with cameras is scary for reasons beyond watching late night reruns nude, I can already imagine one day the MPAA trying to dictate VOD prices based on how many are in the room.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    And Apple is wondering why they did not think of iTV err eyeTV err SpyTV first.

Honestly TVs with cameras is scary for reasons beyond watching late night reruns nude, I can already imagine one day the MPAA trying to dictate VOD prices based on how many are in the room.
    There already is software that does that.

Licenses limit the number of viewers to VOD content to 8 persons per license.

The XBoxOne Kinect is already programmed to do it, they just haven't instilled its use.

I read another article today that both of the initial versions of the s6 will have no advertised water resistance.

The sealed system is solely to increase battery size.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinthalas Tigris View Post
    There already is software that does that.

Licenses limit the number of viewers to VOD content to 8 persons per license.

The XBoxOne Kinect is already programmed to do it, they just haven't instilled its use.
    Hmm I have never heard of there being an actual limit in a license, Then again I have never seen a license agreement for Comcast VOD.

Of course if they did start doing this with smart TVs a small section of pipe could fix that during a party, It would not block the camera merely limit its FOV
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld