Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab Style 8.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab Style 8.4

So, I got one of these as a sort of late Christmas gift surprise.

I just took it out and started using it after ordering and receiving the Otterbox that goes to it.

word of advice. If you go with one of these tablets, choose the imitator's case, as opposed to the otter. The screen lacks a top cover at the very top where the Samsung logo is on the screen. It is something to do with the IR sensor, but the other brands (like the unicorn), don't have the gap. Fwiw, the Otterbox should be okay for me, at least immediately.

This is a strange tablet.

First off, the screen resolution is gorgeous. I am one of those people who eye candy never falls short on, and the demo videos it came with gave me eyegasms, as well as watching a handful of movies on it (gravity was wonderful).

The tab (s) is also available in a 10.1" version as well. For whatever reason, the number of peripherals available for the 8.4 do not number the plethora available for the 10.1. And here I thought consumers were more interested in the smaller versions of tablets as a whole.

This was a little upsetting after receiving it, as I am sort of a dork for proprietary peripherals, and tend to collect them like pokemon. I was looking forward to the keyboard that is sold only in korea. It is ridiculously priced to get over hree, so I guess I'll have to go with a third party.

I don't have any experience with rooting android devices, but I was thinking of doing it with this tablet as a first timer. It came loaded with a whole bunch of stuff I never would have considered using, but because so much if it was tied to free trials, I started running game it anyway; part of me thinking that there was something I might be missing

(Gotta shampoo my smelly dog - I'll come back to this kater).

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab Style 8.4

Something I want to elaborate on later -

This tablet can control my Television, Xbox, DVD, Blu-Ray, Wii (still a little buggy, though) and CABLE BOXES.

There is a sensor/transmitter on this tablet that I discovered over the weekend that actually transmits Remote Control signals.

I constantly have trouble finding remotes around the house, especially in my man cave, and absolutely, I do not enjoy looking for them.

I've been going to bed, since I've been sober, with Netflix running through chromecast at a reasnoable volume, but sometimes have to adjust it higher or lower depending on what it is that is being transmitted over audio. (Whether it is dialogue, music, or ambience).

This has been a true relief in being able to do everything all from the same device. I will not be at all surprised if phones start coming out with these little sensors ont he side of them, very soon.

Forum Sorcerer

The S5 also has an IR blaster on it so can be used as a remote control (we are constantly losing one of our remotes and the butons to that particular TV on/off is temperamental at best, so it is a god-send)

hella Star-Demon :3

Quote Originally Posted by Woodja View Post
    The S5 also has an IR blaster on it so can be used as a remote control (we are constantly losing one of our remotes and the butons to that particular TV on/off is temperamental at best, so it is a god-send)
    This is what's up. I somewhat wish I had bought a Note though with its 6.2" screen after using the 6 plus and S5 over the past months; I love phablets with all of my body, all of my humanity; they are just so fucking awesome, so fucking functional, existing in perfect harmony with specialized reader devices like the Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Voyage and tablets specialized for high resolution, graphic concentrated mediums like comics, news sources that are not complete, low energy gutter trash [insert location relaventsources of choice so the audience nods in agreement, feeling attachment to an unspecified qualia].

They are perfectly suited for everyday carry as the phablets are exceedingly complementary to a laptop which optimizes for a specific use case i.e. mobile sufficient to last a real-life workday or flight with all too frequent mass fuckups in flow; these should increase adoption of purses amongst more male demographics, which I for one enjoy, living the fabulous Indiana Jones life.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Redeux View Post
    these should increase adoption of purses amongst more male demographics, which I for one enjoy, living the fabulous Indiana Jones life.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ords=man+purse