Thread: Finances Update

Passes Turing Test

Finances Update

Current Paypal Balance: $1,043.32 USD

Fully paid up for hosting until: 2012/09/30

Monthly bill at Linode: $49.95 USD

Assuming nothing changes the current treasury will cover 20 months of hosting. However please note that we may need to pay to update/replace the board software in the near future.

(Since people will ask, I am letting the debt go unpaid, but won't be donating any more money to Graffes in the near future. )

Do people want me to update this monthly? Do you want a pdf of the Linode invoice?

Incidentally, one of the upsides of Linode is they send the invoice to both me and Nadiar, so there is a check there that I am not fudging the books.
    "Computer science is a continuation of logic by other means" -- Georg Gottlob

www.Neutrality.ca

Y39 + NinjaDuck = Doom!

Re: Finances Update

I'll voice an opinion:
    Monthly updates aren't interesting - they're time-based announcements of... predictable outcome. However, an update at each milestone would be interesting. A copy of a standard-month's invoice from Linode would be reasonable, I think, as long as each month has identical charges.

I'm not terribly worried about scamming from Voca or Nadiar. You like to read stuff here, too.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -"To Serve and To Protect"

"I don't trust my government, I don't trust the people who work for my government, and I believe that the evidence suggests that it's irrational to offer such trust." - Ken White

"The first 90% of the project is done, now we're working on the remaining 90%." -SoylentNews

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Yttrium View Post
    blahblahstuff
    Count my vote toward this as well.

Mr. Angsty Spice

Assuming nothing changes the current treasury will cover 20 months of hosting. However please note that we may need to pay to update/replace the board software in the near future.

(Since people will ask, I am letting the debt go unpaid, but won't be donating any more money to Graffes in the near future. )
    Just don't wait until after the money runs out until you ask for more.
    I've got beer to drink and You guys are wasting my time.

Buckeye Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
    Just don't wait until after the money runs out until you ask for more.
    +1
    Nerkahia
    Retired 85 Wizard of Ascentia, The Nameless

"Maybe if the Republicanoids weren't snorting coke off oil execs dicks, we could have had less dependancy on oil by now!!" - Silverblade-T-E

MariaLuvsKids

I'm just curious, what type of hosting do you have and how much do you pay for it? I'm thinking about starting my own forum to compete with an online sweepstakes forum that needs a lot of help. The moderator hasn't logged-in in over a year. There is so much wrong with it that I can't stand it. If hosting is too much, then I don't think I'll bother. It would be nice to give my friends another option.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

We have a dedicated virtual server for our hosting that we maintain ourselves. Our database needs are a bit too high for a smaller solution. We pay $20/month for the service, and $5 for backups on Linode.

vBulletin has a Cloud hosting service you might want to look at, if you don't have the technical resources to admin your own server, it's $20/month.
    "Complaining is the modern metagame" - BNet forums

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Just an update from Voca: Currently we have $192.97 remaining, and are paid up through July (meaning the end of this month we have another bill due). Our current bill is $25/month.
    "Complaining is the modern metagame" - BNet forums