Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fires of Heaven

Ancient Arcanist

Fires of Heaven

I don't go there often, but decided to check it today.

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/

Hmmm

Thanks folks, I'm out
    Anyone have more info on if something happened to cause this?

Re: Fires of Heaven

Interesting... who holds that? Is it Furor?

Locked Account
    MSEvangelista

Blog Entries

Alex did not own the domain, I don't remember who it was, but it was one of the co-founders from back in the UO days.

I am like Dest... I check there every once in a while. The Google cache is from 12/5 so I can't see any major issues that were not always there. Anyone know the story? I think it would a shame if that place disappeared. Though, it's a good lesson maybe that the time has come to rest the domain away from our erstwhile progenitor.

Community uprising sparked by the malware incident. Essentially, they moved to the link below...

http://www.rerolled.org/forum.php

You should be able to find the whole story in various threads there.

Elder Arcanist
    Blog Entries

No more PGT??? /sadface

Danenel Plasmaweaver

Retired 65 Wizard of Eternal Sovereign, Tholuxe Paells

Elder Arcanist

The PGT, FSR, and most of the other large threads have been restarted on the new forums.

Ancient Arcanist

Wall of text but I did find this.

I didn't read everyone's replies but let me tell you what happened. FoH was a test bed. It DID NOT make money or the money it did make wasn't even enough to cover the expense it produced BUT what it did do is allow Tyen and req to test out things. It allowed them to figure out how to make money doing certain things, bots, scams, ect which they then are/did put to use on other sites that DO make money. Why do you think no one gave a shit what really was going on at FoH? Why the only people who did give a shit were NEVER allowed to be in positions to know EVERYTHING that was going on with the site? Most of you are not dense and it really baffles me how you all haven't put any of this together yet. When the uberguilds stuff first started happening you would see a lot of the mods still posting and TBH even still came and posted... afterwards not so much. All of a sudden Tyen is this crazy fucker and is posting about unique users and page views and blah blah blah.. why??? Because that's how sites get the big ad funds... Tyen's bots were running up the views and site hits... which could be used on other sites in order to increase those numbers in order to scam advertisers into paying to advertise on a site they thought was being viewed a lot more than it was. It's fraud at it's basic form. Why were the retards, and yes I include myself in that group, unbanned again and again??? Cause they generated the posts and content that disguised what was actually going on.

Oni
    Blog Entries

I'm looking, but I think we need links to this drama.
    Last edited by Star-Demon; December 13th, 2012 at 09:12 AM.

"Don't yell at S-D for using words you're not completely sure of, it embarrasses you. He's right anyway." - Alikat

Tasty Danish

Hrm - I went there from time to time to hop around the various MMO threads. Good to know where the forum has gone, and quite a strange story. Botnets ? Post padding ? Who'd have thunk it ?!?
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

I didnt think they had lasted much beyond EQ going out of the spotlight.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Delmarva 85 Troll Enhancement Shaman Alternate Eclipse

Never Forget those who gave it all ten years ago.

Elder Arcanist

Why is there always an avalanche of drama any time an uber guild's community implodes or moves on?

Ancient Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by MI Redeux View Post
    Why is there always an avalanche of drama any time an uber guild's community implodes or moves on?
    Because *many* of the people who join the uber guild are there so they can get high end stuff. Many of them are there for the greed factor. So there are a lot of selfish people in uber guilds. Please note I said many, not all.

Elder Arcanist

I haven't been by their website in a couple of years. Honestly, it's amazing they lasted as long as they did as a community after leaving Everquest.
    There are other worlds than these.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

I haven't been to that website in so long that I forgot it existed and thought this thread was about the Wheel of Time book or something.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

There isn't. There might be for the members, but otherwise this only happens with guilds old enough to be EQ Uber Guilds. There are so many uber guilds around now that no one gives a shit.

Anyway, I don't think FoH has been a guild for like 5 years.
    "Complaining is the modern metagame" - BNet forums

Elder Arcanist

The core of the FoH forums fragmented to different 'next gen' games just like our forum's core did. And just like with our forum, the off-topic/online games/books/tv/movies/politics/etc.. have been the busiest sections for a while now.

I don't get how MI Redeux can blindly claim their community imploded... The new forum has 3,101 registered members and currently has 283 registered members online.

The community didn't implode, it moved over to a better maintained home.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

I think it had a pretty decent community for some topics, but it makes sense that they kept unbanning some of the fucking retards for ad revenue. I was always wondering wtf was up with them allowing some of the users to stay around.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

I thought reading ridiculous nonsense from some of their more idiotic posters were half the reason why anyone visited the site in the first place, especially after EQ stopped being relevant.

#YesAllCats
    Blog Entries

I don't remember the last time that happened. In fact I'm not sure it ever happened in my memory.

FoH had a very large extended community, easily in the thousands if you count ex-EQ players like me who read the forum maybe once or twice per year*. There was a lot of riffraff to be sure, but there were a good number of smart and knowledgeable posters. Definitely one of the best videogame-based forums I've ever seen.

* As opposed to a site like, say, thesafehouse.org, where I don't think I even have a valid username/password any more.
    Last edited by Goladus; December 13th, 2012 at 01:56 PM.