Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He-Man vs. Lion-O

Loves You.
    (not the good way)
    Blog Entries

He-Man vs. Lion-O

He-Man vs. Lion-O who wins?

I say He-Man, but I would be rooting for Lion-O
    First rule of Plunger Club is you do not talk about Plunger Club.
    Twitter @plungerclub

banned... or something

Lion-O would pwn He-Man in so many ways. He-man is an warrior dilletente ostracized by his momma for being a sissy powder muffin.

Lion-O on the other hand has flaming warrior spirit with a freaking light cannon that has the thundercat symbol on it.

He-Man would win. Lion-O couldn't lift a several ton boulder and hurl it around.

Forum Channeler

It doesn't matter who wins because your head will explode from the sheer gayness that will radiate from your screen when they simultaneously raise their swords each chanting their own thing:

"By the power of..."
    "Hooooooooooo..."

I think also, at that moment, they would likely fall in love.

Tal
    Caliphar, The Wizard Formerly Known As Talithia

banned... or something

Lion-O has the freaking thundercats. HOOOO!

Elder Arcanist

One on one?

He-man... Lion-o relied much more on his allies then He-man.

He-man would say "by the power of Greyskull yada yada" while Lion-o would be going "ho ho thundercats save my ass".

Limited Access

Blog Entries
    I'll be perfectly honest. I had absolutely no clue who Lion-O was until I saw the Thundercats reference. And upon seeing the reference, I curled up into a fetal position and rocked back and forth as it conjured up terrible memories of my childhood.
    Ikeya: Lies. You moderate with oppressive bias.
    Rombus: man if that were only true
    Rombus: i would have banned claud 8 times over

Ikeya|Laptop has left irc.stratics.com (Quit: DIAF, Nadiar!)
    <lowkey> haha
    <lowkey> is it just random who ikeya is hating on?
    <vdou|work> if he's lookin at something , he's hatin on it

<vdou|work> its a given that anything with 'intelli-' as a prefix for the product's name is going to be more than a little retarded
    <xilet`> normally extra chromosome

Make My Funk
    the P-Funk
    Blog Entries
    Orko >>>>> Snarf

Elder Arcanist

Lion-O could probably beat Thundarr.

Satellite Mind
    Blog Entries
    He Man would own that Pussie Lion-O. He-Man can lift a fucking castle over his head!!!! What can kitten boy do other than make his sword into a spotlight?

PROOF PROOF!
    Lion-O would stab him.

Heman can't figure out which end of the sword to hold.

Satellite Mind
    Blog Entries
    He Man already has one pet cat as his bitch. He'll just make one more. Lion-O NEVER stabbed anyone!!! Like I siad, he is a Pussie.

PROOF PROOF!
    Then he'd scratch his eyes out in a true bitch fashion

Locked Account
    I will agree with Grindal and say Orka > Snarf.

The Despot of Cartoons™
    Let's look at the facts:

He-man

• Basic: Big dude with innate strength (yeah, I remember him lifting boulders), power comes from a Sorceress located high atop a turret in Castle Greyskull.
    • Worst Enemy: Skeletor, a powerful magician who is A FRIGGIN SKELETON!!! (Come on, now, a skeleton? Would you run away if Calista Flockhart came chasing after you?
    • Weapon of choice: The Power Sword (right click effect: Change into He-Man...also doubled as a key to get into Greyskull itself)

Lion-o

• Basic: Member of a cat-like race that had to leave their planet because it was about to destroy itself. Most balanced member of the ThunderCats...so basically, he has slightly above-average agility, strength, speed, cunning, and whatever ability Panthro had. No real power, but Jagga (sp?) does come along once in a while and give him some guidance with all things Thundera.
    • Worst Enemy: Mumm-Ra, an ages-old mummy (what was it with 80's cartoons and undead enemies?).
    • Weapon of Choice: The Sword of Omens, a magical extendable sword (right click effect: Sight Beyond Sight, a spell that lets you see what's happening in another part of the world) that is augmented by the greatest power of all, the Eye of Thundera (right click effect: Summon ThunderCat)

In a simple contest of strength, He-Man would pound the living dog-snot out of Lion-o...if he could catch him first. See, Lion-O is rather fast, seeing as how he beat Cheetara in a footrace. He-Man is fast (assuming, since he has leg muscles bigger than my head), but I doubt he could match Lion-o's speed, as well as agility.
    In a fencing contest, it would be a close call. Both have magically imbued swords, but Lion-o has the advantage in this department, because all He-Man's sword does is change his form...aside from that, it's an ordinary sword. Lion-o has the Eye of Thundera, and I've seen occasions where that thing would eat Mumm-Ra's magic for a delicious breakfast treat...who knows what it could do if properly motivated? But, anyone who fences will tell you...it's not really about strength, it's about dexterity. I can't imagine He-Man being the type to try to work with Origami or needlework or knitting or model building...well, you get the idea. He-Man could probably block well, and maybe even get in a few hits himself, but Lion-o would definitely be able to stab He-Man a couple of times in the time it takes ol' Prince Adam to lift his sword.
    In a one-on-one tactics contest...Lion-o is the clear winner. Between the Sword of Omens and a higher cunning factor, He-Man would eventually be worn down to a frazzle, at which point Lion-o would determine a weakness and exploit it.
    In general, I would say that these titans of Generation X are about equally matched. It would really fall to circumstances in order to tip the balance and give way to a clear victor.

There you have it, my professional analysis. And on a related note, Orko would whip Snarf's butt any day of the week.

PROOF PROOF!
    I can't imagine He-Man being the type to try to work with Origami or needlework or knitting or model building
    Lion-O's years of playing with balls of yarn pays off!

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit... I just realized the reason I chose gnome is my ideal wizard's appearance was largely shaped by Orko

Aperture Science flunkie
    Why does everybody seem to think He-man was a stupid lug? Just because his leg was as big as Lion-o's entire body doesn't mean he's stupid. On many occasions he outwitted his enemies. He was somehow smart enough to keep the fact he was he-man from his parents. He had the Clark Kent disease. Glasses on, Clark. Glasses off superman.

The Despot of Cartoons™
    I never said he was a lug...and you're right, the whole "Where were you, Adam? You missed He-Man" thing does prove that he has some innate intellect and cunning...BUT, when compared to Lion-O, he's whipped. Plain and simple.

No prison can hold me!
    Orko was mad powaa, he was just utterly inept. Snarf was cheap labor.